MangAnime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How good is Bleach?

4 posters

Go down

How good is Bleach? Empty How good is Bleach?

Post by Alex Ryder Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:31 pm

Now, the point of this is to debate the true value of Bleach from a critical viewpoint. That requires objectivity. No preferences. No "Bleach is bad because Orihime's retarded!" or "Bleach is good because Matsumoto has huge tits!". Maybe "One of the weaknesses of Bleach is the shallowness of its characters, like Orihime. She's a typical pacifist damsel in distress with her own special power that she rarely uses. No breaking the mould, pretty boring." That's more like it.

The plot, the complexity of the characters, the artwork, the originality, the dialogue, all of this can be taken into account. Remember to keep it in perspective. It's not going to measure up to Monster, a seinen made for a more cerebral demographic. Measure by shounen standards, where I'd say FMA and Death Note are at the top. See what I mean?
Alex Ryder
Alex Ryder
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-08-13

http://www.onemanga.com

Back to top Go down

How good is Bleach? Empty Re: How good is Bleach?

Post by Innocence Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:06 am

Well I started watching when I was 14 & when anime was pretty new to me & I was like, THIS IS FUCKING AMAZING! But 2 years later Bleach is nothing special anymore. The Bountou arc ended & it took up to when Ikkaku had his fight against the arrancar to make me squeal like a little girl again, like it used to. The episodes inbetween there have been forgotten so they must have been shit. Soon after that it seemed Bleach had put the brakes on or had become an old man. It become slow & I got so desperate to find out what the hell was happening next I spoiled myself by reading the manga. Problem with the manga is Kubo seems to cut corners with fighting, often a panel of the tip of a sword or loads of lines, the two characters clashing & repeat.

I mean a good example of this is the Grimmjow fight, manga = unclear & forgettable anime = shivers down your spine awesomeness.

And now of course the manga seems to have 'fillers' of it's own.

Basically what I am saying is, there is enough Bleach episodes now to watch it from the beginning, skip the rubbish & not bother with the manga.
Innocence
Innocence
Mod
Mod

Male
Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Ryder Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:45 am

Yeah, same with me, when I was more of a newbie otaku I was blown away by it, but I look at it more neutrally now. I still prefer the manga to the anime, though. Kubo can cut corners, but he shows what needs to be shown well. Plus, the anime has far, far too many fillers. I still prefer the manga to the anime for Ichigo v Grim, but Ikkaku's fight was better in the anime. For the most part, I like the manga far more than the anime. This applies to everything, really. Manga > Anime, mangas usually convey the emotions and have a stronger effect than the animes, which try to condense it for a different medium and a different audience. I don't watch aniem adaptations much, only original anime since I dom't then think "The manga did that so much better" or something like that.

I'd be on firmer ground discussing the manga, since the last Bleach episodes I suffered to watch were the Privaron Espada fights...and Rukia vs Aaroniero.
Alex Ryder
Alex Ryder
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 30

http://www.onemanga.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Innocence Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:49 am

I have to disagree with you. I often start a manga when it has a lot of chapters going for it, it means I can skim through it quickly & get all the information I need.

The anime wastes at least 10 of the 25 minutes with openings, endings, catchup so far, pauses & omakes. The manga cuts out the unnecessary. I don't understand however how someone can find fights in a manga more fun than those in the anime. Look how unclear some of them are
Innocence
Innocence
Mod
Mod

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Boethius Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:28 pm

I wonder if I can buck the trend and just post:

It is good.
Boethius
Boethius
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by Innocence Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:29 pm

Since I am a mod, Honorary or not you can't just spam everywhere.

Damn me following the rules feels wrong.
Innocence
Innocence
Mod
Mod

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucaz Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:30 pm

You can but next time I expect more explanation than this.

I think this manga is a rather good shonen manga if it wasn't so repetitive.
The fights are always the same, always predictable.

And the artwork has lost bis awesomeness, it's boring and messy recently.
Lucaz
Lucaz
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 202

https://manganime.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Boethius Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:32 pm

Innocence wrote:Since I am a mod, Honorary or not you can't just spam everywhere.

Damn me following the rules feels wrong.

Yes. But Lucaz loves me. Where are you on the love scale???

XP.

/I'll stop now, I'll act appropriately from now on.

Last edited by Boethius on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Boethius
Boethius
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Innocence Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:32 pm

Wait, did you say you can spam? o_o

I only found the fights poorly drawn, but it has always been like this. His creative talents & getting those talents on paper are as good as ever.

I'm a mod, which makes me by default one of Lucaz's bitches, on the end of his whip.
Innocence
Innocence
Mod
Mod

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Boethius Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:48 pm

Innocence wrote:Wait, did you say you can spam? o_o

I only found the fights poorly drawn, but it has always been like this. His creative talents & getting those talents on paper are as good as ever.

I'm a mod, which makes me by default one of Lucaz's bitches, on the end of his whip.

Ewww. A man confessing that he's a bitch. affraid

Anyway, I'll contribute this time:

I think it is a tad bit repetitive, but it must still be noted that it is quite difficult to find another manga as good as Bleach. There is a vast, barren expanse after Bleach, Naruto and (dare I say) OP. A void which other mangas just can't hope to fill. Although it does have its negative points, I do feel there is a positive net/aggregate enjoyment from reading it... Which is why I put up with BS like Coolhorns and Baboon Kings and repetitive battles.
Boethius
Boethius
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down